Monday 21 October 2013

Windows 8.1 - Blurry Text Fix

My first sight of desktop after upgrading to Windows 8.1 Pro was very disappointing.
All the icons and fonts appeared blurry and weird on my decent resolution (1600x900) Lenovo Yoga 13 monitor. For a moment I regretted for having upgraded the OS without going through enough reviews online.
But there is no going back, I want the lastest OS update on my machine.
I "Binged" and could find this issue was reported since the preview release of Windows 8. But there was no proper resolution mentioned even on Microsoft forums (of course they are not the best knowledge centers). Finally determined to play around with the settings, the solution to the issue was pretty straight forward. I will reproduce the steps I followed:

Step 1) Right Click Desktop and click "Screen Resolution" from the menu.
Step 2) On the Screen Resolution Window, click the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" link.
Step 3) Select the "Let me choose one scale level for all my displays".
Step 4) Select "Smaller - 100%" option and click Apply.
It will prompt you for a re login and proceed with it. Hopefully this should fix your blurry text issue.
On the Screen Resolution Window, click the "Make text and other items larger or smaller" link
Select "Let me choose one scale level for all my displays". Select "Smaller - 100%" option.


No comments:

Post a Comment